Piano Beginners Course – UNIT 3
Finally, the third and last Unit of this course!
Learning outcomes: This Unit will round up students to the theory and practice of Piano playing, providing them with the skills needed to read and write Western music notation and to start comfortably the ABRSM and/or Trinity Guildhall Grading system.
BASIC GOALS: playing more challenging pieces
- Strengthening of those contents learnt in Units 1 and 2
- Major and minor scales (2 octaves)
- Different pianistic movements (all five at least mentioned)
- Action involving the simultaneous use of both hands
MUSICAL READING AND BEGINNING OF SIGHT-READING
- Sight-reading skills
- Be able to play sight reading four hands with the teacher
- Appoggiaturas, mordents and turns
- follow up on the score of music that is being played