“The foundation of the Piano technique is based on the total, complete and absolute relaxation of muscles that do not intervene, to give freedom of action to those who intervene”
The table exercise is the first approach to the piano technique. We will use the world-renowned Scaramuzza Technique. This Method is part of a long tradition passed by Martha Argerich, Bruno Gelber and Daniel Barenboim, three top-rated pianists in the world.
In order to play the Piano, we should know first that every finger has been assigned a number.
Number 1 starts with our thumbs, number 2 the index, number 3 the middle finger, number 4 the ring finger and ends with 5, our little finger. Look at the picture below and memorise them:
1. Elbow should be loose at all times
2. The wrist straight/in level with your forearm
3. Thumb relatively curved inwards
4. The hand shouldn’t be rebound on each attack
5. We should keep a certain distance from the keys, this distance is established on the re-setting movement.